Air Date: June 23, 2022
One of the easiest ways actors can feel in control is to concentrate on breathing.
When was the last time you thought about your breath? OK not your breath but your breathing! That's the subject of today's podcast. Breathing matters. On this episode of casting, actors cast.
1) Eyes closed relaxed normal breathing for 3 minutes 2) Square breathing för 4 reps.
2) Inhale, release breath on slow, steady "AH until all breath is expelled
3) Inhale, release breath on slow, steady "AH (high pitch) to (low pitch), until all breath is expelled.
4) Inhale, release breath on slow steady (AH (low pitch) to (high pitch), until breath is expelled.
5) Repeat steps 3-5 as necessary
6) Tongue twisters: repeat the following in rapid succession and repeat:
v TIMING TOUGHENS TRICKY THINKING THOUGHTS
v WILD WACKEY WIGGELING WHALES WANDER WESTERLY
v AROUND THE RAGGED ROCK THE RUGGY RASCAL RAN
v SEEING SENCELESS SYLLABLES ASAILS SEVERAL SENSES
v LULL LAZIELY LOOKING LUSTFUL LY ALONG LANKEY LADIES
v WHO'S NEW CLUE KNEW BLUE SHOES SOOTHES MOO'S
Whisper the following using over emphasized articulation. Wide mouth, crisp phonetics, open vowel sounds:
IT ISN’T A MATTER OF WONERING WHICH WAY TRAVEL WHEN
YOU FINALLY DECIDE TO FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS. PERHAPS IT IS A
MATTER OF FINALLY ACCEPTING THE CONSEQUENSES OF THE MANY
CHOICES AT YOUR DISPOSAL. WHEN YOU GET TO THIS POINT OF UN-
DERSTANDING, THEN YOU ARE READY TO TAKE THE OPTIONS AVAILABLE AND CREATE A FUTURE OFTEN ASSOCIATED WITH THOSE WHO HAVE FOUND SUCCESS. IN OTHER WORDS, RESPOND TO ALL OF THE OPTIONS UNTIL YOUR HEART HEARS THE HAPPIEST OF RHYTHMS SO THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO ACHIEVE THE SATISFACTION YOU HOPE FOR.
Control your breathing and you can control just about anything. Focused, concentrated breathing can really set the right pace and best tone for an audition, when you're on the set, or when getting ready to go onstage. There is nothing more useful than that. Breathing matters.