Air Date 10-29-2020 Casting Director and agent; a power couple?
Air Date 10-29-2020
Casting Director and agent; a power couple?
Many actors don’t know much about the relationship casting has with your representative (agent/manager). Knowing about that dynamic will help you better understand how and why your career is progressing the way it is. It definitely has an impact. So let’s un-pack this power coupling of the agent and the casting director!
* Casting directors are advocates of the project (producer/director/artistic director)
* Agents (managers) are talent advocates…paid by the actor for the advocacy
* The relationship between the two are a varied as the people in those jobs
* Agent/manager o Business first-negotiator/contracts/career objectives o Career development (growth vs capitalization) o In it for the duration (mostly). Reputation counts
* Casting Director o Project oriented/obligated to fulfill the project vision o Employed by the producer/artistic director o In it for the duration. Reputation counts
* The relationship dynamic o Mutual understanding and the project requirements