Air Date: September 29, 2022
Do you remember this classic acting alas exercise? You are partnered up with another actor and they stand in front of you. Then, without warning they fall back into your outstretched arms whereupon you catch them, thus preventing them from hitting the ground. It is called the trust exercise. The idea is to rely on each other to build confidence in your partner. Well, today we need to talk about falling back, building trust and confidence! Happening in this episode of Casting Actors Cast!
· Fall back really means “getting back into Fall (the season not the action). Getting back into a routine and leaving the past (Summer behind).
· Finding a fresh approach to building your acting career
· Creative structure is better for your creativity
· Actor’s checklist: Pic/Resume/social media/demo’s/website/classes/mentors (teachers)
· Now, recall the trust exercise…trust the support you will get from the checklist
· The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step
· The importance of lists
· Take stock in where you are to where you want to be
· Goals are not items to be reached but guideposts for moving forward
· The beauty of sleep/exercise/nutrition
· Seasonal depression and the creative person
· Stop thinking potential and start thinking moment to moment
Considering what we’ve had to deal with over the past few years, it’s no wonder that we might have trouble understanding what the trust exercise is all about. After all, how do we put our trust into a time that seems so unstable? Surrounding ourselves with solid structure and routine is a great method to secure our creativity. Once we find the daily routine and logical goal setting, we can then flourish within that structure to gain confidence and trust. So this Fall, consider Falling back. You will be caught. You will be supported.